Friday, July 29, 2011

Thing 5 - Reflective practice part 1

Thing 5 – Reflective practice part 1.
Oh dear. This is the one I haven’t been looking forward to. I’m rubbish at reflective practice and I know it (which, in itself, is perhaps reflective so maybe I shouldn’t be too downhearted). I suspect that many people are probably in the same boat though. I’ve enjoyed the CPD23 things so far but, when it comes to actually thinking about the activities, how they’ve gone and what I can do to expand on them, I get the strangest urge to do some cataloguing, and I really dislike cataloguing! It reminds me on how, when I was a teenager studying for Highers, I’d do anything rather than actually get my head down and study. Even tidying my bedroom was preferable. I’m just way too much of a procrastinator. Does it sound bad that I even have a ‘procrastinaton shelf’ at work? Things that I don’t really know what to do with go there in the vague hope that maybe they might just go away. I tend to clear it off every now and again with the assumption that if I haven’t had to deal with it by now, I can just get rid of it.
But look at this, I’m procrastinating. This is a habit I really need to get out of. So, time to bite the bullet and get down to some reflective practice. I promise that part 2 will be more relevant. (probably, hopefully…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment