Thursday, November 24, 2011

13- collaborative working

Ok, this is going to be very short as Blogger seems to be objecting to me publishing anything of more than a few lines. We have a shared network drive at work so that our team, which is split across three sites, can all see, and work on, documents that are relevant to the whole team. Although Google Docs and Dropbox look interesting, they're just not necessary to us for work purposes. I can see that if we didn't have this shared drive though then collaborative working tools would be great. We do have access to a Wiki, set up in the PB system, but it's rarely used. I think we all forget it's there sometimes. On the whole I think I'd maybe use dropbox for charter documents, so I don't have to rely on remembering my USB stick, but it's not relevant to my working practices. The only thing that worries me is that nothing on the web stays there forever. Therefore, I'd make very sure that any documents I stored online were well backed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment